Energy Snacks



raw cacao butter
1 cup of walnuts
1 cup of dates
1/2 cup of cocoa powder

Recently I have been a bit more focused on health and wellness and have slowly stopped eating pizza and lazing around every day, instead i've been cutting down on sugar, carbs and exercising a lot more - which makes me sound really boring! However since doing so I have noticed a few changes; my acne has cleared up, i've lost a bit of weight and I have ALOT more energy then I ever had before. Sounds pretty obvious cut down on junk food and exercise more but when you have a busy life it's easy to get stuck in unhealthy habits.

The main habit that I have struggled to get out of is my sweet tooth, I absolutely love chocolate and genuinely want to cry sometimes when there's none in my fridge and I don't want to go out to the supermarket! However my addiction to chocolate and sweet treats had to be re-addressed with this new health kick so I was relieved to find a recipe from Deliciously Ella. I didn't have all of the ingredients and did substitute one or two but they taste great and really satisfy my sweet tooth without the need to snack on a sugar filled treat.




You can substitute the walnuts for pecans or almonds and make sure you use a coca powder that is 100% cocoa rather than one with added sugar. The first thing you need to do is pit the dates (chop them in half and pull out the stone), then comes the chopping, if you have a blender this will definitely be easier because you can just blend the nuts and dates but the first time I made this I just chopped them up into tiny pieces. 


Next just add all of the ingredients together in a bowl, add a pinch of salt and blend together with a wooden spoon. Then pick a small amount and roll into a ball, if the consistency is too 'wet' just add some more cocoa powder to make it sticker. 


Roll into a ball and refrigerate until slightly harder and enjoy :) Let me know if you make these or have any tweaks!



No comments