Blogger Of The Month: Stephanie JW



I was a top rubbish blogger during January, I find it hard to motivate myself when the weather is rubbish, as i'm sure a lot of people do, but this month is already feeling so much more positive. As always the beginning of the month means picking one of my favourite bloggers to feature as blogger of the month, and this month i've decided to go for Stephanie JW. I can't remember how I found Stephanie's blog, but I really like her grungy, bohemian style and her enviable shoe collection. Working for Dr Martens means she usually teams her dresses and skirts with chunky footwear, a look I really like, it works well in both Summer and Winter. Favouring brands such as MinkPink and Evil Twin, Stephanie often layers jumpers and mesh tops underneath printed dresses adding a boyish element to an otherwise girlie outfit. 




Rather than always taking outfit photos of herself, I really like the way Stephanie lays hers out on the floor documenting both ideas for looks and her actual outfits on her blog. It reminds me of a feature 'Self Service' magazine had a few years back in which all the outfits for photo shoots were laid flat and photographed after each spread. It's a great spin on how to present your 'looks' especially relevant to me as recently i've been struggling with my confidence in posting outfit shots of myself and have been thinking of different ways to use photography on my blog.

If you haven't read StephanieJW before then think denim mixed with oversized jumpers and kimonos, printed dresses with mesh tops and chunky Jeffrey Campbells. Accessories are always featured and i've spotted everything from 90s style chokers, to long crosses and pendants, oversized circle sunglasses and black fedora hats.







Are you a regular reader of Stephanie's blog or is this your first introduction to her? Let me know in the comments :)

1 comment

  1. I love Stephanie's blog and I can't even count how many times I've bought from her blog sale. Ridiculously good deals! xo

    thebigmegowski.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete