Blue Rinse



As some of you may remember, back in October when I first started my blog I dyed my hair Lilac. I absolutely loved it but it went a bit patchy and didn't last that long, so last night I randomly decided I wanted to dye my hair blue. Inspired by 90s grunge Gwen, I bought a 'Crazy Colour' bottle in 'Bubblegum Blue' and went for it this afternoon. I can't recommend the 'Crazy Colour' range enough, they do a huge variety and several versions of each colour from bright royal blue right down to pastel bubblegum blue. There's no peroxide in the formula so it's safe to do by yourself and lasts roughly 4-6 washes- perfect! I absolutely love this colour, i've done purple and pink before but I think this might be my favourite so far :) I was going to do a little tutorial on how to use it but it is so easy I didn't think there was much point. All you do is wash your hair with shampoo, towel dry and then apply! There is a lot of dye in the bottle so you don't need to worry about your hair length, just apply evenly, leave on for 15-30 minutes and there you go! If you have bleached blonde hair like mine, it lasts about 2-3 weeks so is great for a big night out, or a festival because after a few washes your hair just fades back to normal.

As for my outfit today, it's pretty simple as i've had a day off; i'm wearing a vintage oversized white shirt and lace trimmed black cycle shorts with my black converse. I got involved with helping to promote a Bristol vintage fair on the weekend and bought 5 lovely items all for £45! I have planned a blog post to show you guys my purchases which I will post tomorrow. Hope you like my hair, let me know what you think...

17 comments

  1. omg it suits you so much Sophie! I'm so jealous, my hair is too dark to ever go an interesting colour :')Does the dye like completely disappear after those washes or does it just dull down? This outfit is so perfect. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! It just fades after a few washes and then just disappears! I thought it was a boring one, but I quite like how simple it is! xx

      Delete
  2. It's awesome!! Really suits you :) I'm like Grace, my hair is too dark to try anything exciting and to be honest, I'm too scared!! Fab.

    Denise x
    Pretty*Petite*Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks ace! I really want to the ends of my hair (predictable!)but I though you had to have a bleach blonde base? Will it take to averagely blonde locks still?! veryyy jealous of your blue hue xoxoxxxxoo

    http://fashionplaytime.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a beautiful hair!! omg i love gwen stefani!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its such a pretty colour and you look lovely!

    www.iwalkinfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks awesome, wish I could pull off something like that!x
    Www.arcticgirlsworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your hair! I loved the lilac too! When I go home for the summer I am def coloring my hair. It's nothing like a pretty color or jet black.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your hair so much! I've wanted to die my hair like this for about a year now, but I don't have enough hair. It would just look gross on me :( But the blue makes your eyes pop like crazy! So sick :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE IT!!!! suits you so much!

    LOVE your blog!

    www.whatsnewpussycatt.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to use crazy colour in fire (I think that's what it was called) they are brilliant my hair stayed vibrant for quite a while which surprised me! You suit the blue, looks lovely! I'm thinking of a purple/plum colour this year!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look amazing, I wish I could pull off blue hair!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute simple yet chic outfit! Your hair looks so fun and playful :) Lovely blog you have here. I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hair looks lovely - so original! Katie-xo

    www.ispytrends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. the color looks so good on you! really not kidding!
    you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks amazing! I wish I had blue hair! Xx

    ReplyDelete