Making Pizza

This week has been a good one, i've been feeling really positive and even had a job interview! It was quite scary because it's a job I really want, so fingers crossed! Apart from that I have been making the most of having a week off, seeing friends and having a HUGE clear out. My bedroom looks amazing, I have chucked away loads of things and have a bin bag of clothing that i'm going to sell on eBay. It's so nice to take some time out and organise things, it makes me feel so much calmer and focused, and also makes me more productive because everything is so organised. Plus organised house, organised mind as my Nan says!

Today I am spending some time with one of my best friends. We made a pizza and are planning on making a cake a bit later on. We're also watching Romy and Michelles High School Reunion, it's so funny, I sadly know all the words, mainly because I used to watch it every day when I was 14 (obsessed). Do any of you guys like it, or have a film that you have watched so many times you could write out the script?

I have never done a recipe or food post before so I thought I would do one for the pizzas we've made! It's a bit of a cheat as we used a packet mix for the pizza base, but the main reason I wanted to make one is so I can choose the toppings I want. I'm a vegetarian so I went for mushroom, pineapple and sweetcorn. You need a pizza base mix, pizza base or you can make your own following an online recipe. We used tomato polenta for the tomato base, cheddar cheese and you can choose your own ingredients:


The pizza base is unbelievably easy all you do is mix it in a bowl with 125ml of water, mix together and then knead into a soft dough. Then roll them out into pizza shapes, then you can choose what kind of thickness you want for your base. I like thin pizzas so rolled mine fairly thin, don't forget to use flour on the worktop or the dough will get stuck to the surface!


Leave the dough to rest for 10 minutes, and then start having fun by topping them! Spread the tomato polenta on the base and then I decided to put a bit of oregano on top for extra flavour!



Next add cheese and your own toppings!


Cook at 200 for 15 minutes voila!


They were absolutely delicious and way better (and cheaper) than getting a take away! They took hardly anytime at all and are also a great option for a quick dinner, I may even make some more as lunch options when I get a new job! 

7 comments

  1. It looks so yummy ! I'm hungry >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah looks soooo good! I love making fresh pizza!

    Http://hannahrebekahcampbell.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! Definitely gonna do another food post soon! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum this is such a good idea. I'm veggie too so gonna have to try this bad boy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am lucky enough to have a breadmaker so I often make the base in that, there's nothing better than homemade pizza! Good luck with your job too n:)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm I LOVE homemade pizza! I am definitely tempted to try this base, I keep meaning to make my own from scratch but this sounds like way less hassle. Lovely blog by the way! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. “Do any of you guys like it, or have a film that you have watched so many times you could write out the script?” - I do, actually, but you might find it a bit geeky. Although, I must defend that it is a very good movie: The Lord of the Rings (all three movies). I know. Another favorite is Schindler’s List. These are the kinds of movie I love watching while munching on a nice slice of pizza.

    Joseph Carr

    ReplyDelete